If 99% of our work goes directly online, why do we still need 35+ Megapixel Cameras?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
NikonNature Veteran Member • Posts: 4,723
Re: If 99% of our work goes directly online, why do we still need 35+ Megapixel Cameras?

I would say your current gear is still excellent and can do everything you need for your business. I view MP increases as marketing tool. Not that it has no benefit, but it's a part of competition among brands. If Sony releases 45MP, then Canon and Nikon will follow suit just to keep up. It also helps each brand define tiers of cameras to tempt current users to upgrade.

Switching subjects, there may be some mirrorless benefits to you... Features like Face detect and Eye AF, live histogram, focus points covering the whole sensor, silent shutter modes, etc. could be useful to you. In short, I see no 'need' to upgrade, but if you 'want' to go mirrorless there are likely some benefits and the extra MP won't hurt.

NikonNature's gear list:NikonNature's gear list
Nikon D610 Nikon D500 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-17E II Tamron SP 150-600mm F5-6.3 Di VC USD +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow