R5 vs R1 Olympic Results

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
tvstaff
tvstaff Senior Member • Posts: 2,858
R5 vs R1 Olympic Results

A number of my friends are shooting with R5's at the Olympics with cases for water sports and the results are far and above anything coming out the 1DXMKIII'S.

As I see their shots coming in the resolution is the first thing that hits you square in the face.  I e been shooting with the 1DX 1DXMKII and 1DXMKIII ever since each body first came out for 100's of thousands of shots and I'm sure any honest person no matter your bias will admit to the difference.

My point is that the R5 although working is difficult for my friends to handle on a moving boat with a big white attached as both shooters tell be its not balanced and the 600mm feels much better from a control perspective with the 1DXMKIII attached.

If Canon can up the resolution to about 85mp for the R1 every person, including me would buy one if not two bodies.

I can only look to Blackmagic that shoots stills at 80mp and 100fps.    All Canon needs to do is shoot stills at 15fps RAW for the R1 at 80mp to dominate the industry and clearly put Nikon and SONY further in the rear view mirror.

So with a year to go yet, will the R1 be just an R5 in a 1DX body....  Or will it be a camera thar every serious  photographer should own that shoots sports, fashion and portrature?

Pricing of the Blackmagic 12K camera should be in-line if Canon can get it at or above, 80mp

R1...  2022?

tvstaff's gear list:tvstaff's gear list
Canon EOS-1D X Canon EOS-1D X Mark II Canon EOS-1D X Mark III Fujifilm GFX 100S Canon EF 35mm F1.4L USM +26 more
Canon EOS R5 Canon EOS-1D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow