FE 28-60mm f/4.0-5.6 Love it But I Broke it (my stupid mishandling of a great little lens)

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
William Curtindale
William Curtindale Veteran Member • Posts: 9,307
FE 28-60mm f/4.0-5.6 Love it But I Broke it (my stupid mishandling of a great little lens)

I broke my FE 28-60mm f/4.0-5.6 lens when I installed a metal lens hood and then tried to remove it. I extended the lens and held it by the lens barrel and tried with great force to twist the hood off. I heard a snap and then noticed a crack on the length of the lens barrel (darn)

On May 19th I shipped the lens to Precession Camera for repair and got and estimate of $166. They had to order parts from Sony and they finally received the parts two weeks ago (I am still waiting for the lens to be returned)

The damage was definitely caused by my stupid mishandling

Yes, I still recommend the FE 28-60mm f/4.0-5.6 lens and can't wait to get mine back (it is light weight and sharp).

You can see in my kit the FE 28-60mm f/4.0-5.6 is the lightest combined weight weight with my A7C which makes it a great and fun walk around choice (and is sharp across the zoom range).

-- hide signature --

I enjoy content, simplicity and light weight: A6500 and A7C w/Sony + G + GM Glass

William Curtindale's gear list:William Curtindale's gear list
Sony a6500 Sony a7C Sony 70-200mm F2.8 G Sony 70-400mm F4-5.6 G SSM Sony FE 90mm F2.8 macro +9 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow