Just pulled the trigger on M6II + 32 f1.4

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
OP MAC Forum Pro • Posts: 16,250
Re: Just pulled the trigger on M6II + 32 f1.4

EDWARD ARTISTE wrote:

Just got a replacement m6mkii, keeping my fingers crossed. I encourage you to test the hell out of it.

ok, I'll keep testing during the return period

Many samples ive seen online (and on here) have poor sharpness, and are not helpful in determining how it should be performing.

so far -- I'm happy with my iso 100, f7.1 SOOC shot here

Sensor/Lens @ iso 100: Canon EOS M Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review (dpreview.com)

Context:
I've been having a tough time with my M bodies, post M1. My M1 is utterly reliable, great images etc. to this day with native and adapted lenses. I have shot about 15k frames with it.
I'm a digital/print designer and proud pixel peeper, and im used to a certain level of IQ... to this day i still swear by the iq of my t2i/6d/5d3..just fantastic stuff. So its been really frustrating last few years with more recent M bodies. All kinds of problems with bland color, AF wonkiness, etc.
My experience if anyone is interested:

M3 was a focus disaster, great color though. Crazy shutter shock.
M50 - image quality was all over the place, ridiculous noise at low iso. Still havent sold it, gonna use for video practice.
M6mkii - Worked great for an industry event, then AF went to heck shortly afterwards and never recovered.
M6mkii - Testing this week. Canon provided a complete replacement kit, with a second battery and charge, so that's nice. Initial pictures already are looking better.
Good luck!

MAC's gear list:MAC's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS RP Canon EOS M6 II Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow