12mm lenses

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
softmarmotte
softmarmotte Senior Member • Posts: 3,339
12mm lenses

A little while ago there was a thread about 'the best' 12mm in mft. I had in the back of my mind that at a normal 4k screen resolution it's pretty near impossible to see any difference. I took 4 photos handheld (I virtually never use a tripod) at f5.6 in a short space of time in my garden today.

I am just interested if 1) without pixel peeping and zooming in 2) without complaining that this is 'not scientific' if folk prefer one lens over another

I have left all the exif data so you can see which lens is which if you wish to hover over the image and for those who prefer to do this 'blind', just don't hover 

Aperture priority, Oly EM 1 ii. Imported into LR and converted to JPEG. Only AWB adjusted to be the same for all shots. No other adjustments

I am still amazed by the quality of the invisible Pana 12-32 kit lens. I thought I would prefer my 'new' PanaLeica summilux 12mm. Not sure now. I got it for indoor museum shots, so for speed rather than IQ. i think my fave is the Pana leica 12-60

-- hide signature --

anyone is welcome to do anything they want with my images except sell them for profit
https://www.flickr.com/photos/softmarmotte/

softmarmotte's gear list:softmarmotte's gear list
Sony RX100 Olympus E-M1 II Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4-5.6 R +12 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow