Canon 6d vs. 5d ii vs. 1d iv / Color Palette On Older Bodies

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
erikstouffer New Member • Posts: 24
Canon 6d vs. 5d ii vs. 1d iv / Color Palette On Older Bodies

Im just curious you guys thoughts on the 1D iv and the 5d ii versus the 6d mk I. I owned the 6d then the 1d iii. I had to sell the 1d back to the people I bought it from, because the shutter was starting to give out, but I’d be super happy to either buy a 1d iv or a 5d ii in the hopes that it wouldn’t do the same thing to me for a while and if or when it did I may replace the shutter.. as long as the sensor was still in good working order.

Here’s my reason. The 1d iii had beautiful files. The yellows and oran for wanting one of these two cameras. The yellows and oranges I got in the Nevada desert sun whilst using my 1d ii, was so beautiful. But also it didn’t have this awful green colorcast  and coldness to it like I feel that I got with the 6d (I don’t think).

So my questions start with.. when did Canon really lose (or trade in) that brilliant color palette for the colder crap colors I feel like I often got in my 6d (in retrospect). Was it 5d mk I, mk ii? Was it 1dx? Was it 1d x ii?
I love that the 1d iv has HD video and a better screen than the mk iii. I love that it’s 2 years newer, still a 1d, and in my budget. But they are hard to find and yeah they’re old. And the while the one I end up with may be dying it’s the camera I’d rather have over the 5d ii. But and this is what I’ll end it on: Did the 5d ii have similar colors of yellow and orange and blues and greens with yellows and oranges in them? Should I go for the 5d ii? I’m a passionate prosumer and may go pro one day. But I’ve got a severely limited budget.

Thank you!

Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS-1D Canon EOS-1D X
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow