** Weekly X Series Photo Thread 01 AUG- 07 AUG **

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Truman Prevatt
Truman Prevatt Forum Pro • Posts: 12,554
Re: The "Hammer!"

BobsYourUncle wrote:

Back in 1996 I and my horse were qualified and attended the Race of Champions which was an invitational 100 mile endurance ride. That year it was held outside of the little town of Torrey Utah. We went out early and spent a month in Torrey, the horses at the ranch of Doc and Dotty Weaver and while we stayed at an RV campground. The road into Dotty's place came out at the intersection of US 24 and UT 12. Across 24 was Capital Reef NP. I did many a conditions rides in Capital Reef. Beautiful country to see and even more beautiful from horseback - if you don't get lost. These reefs were used by Butch Cassidy and his sidekick the Sundance kid and the hole in the wall gang to escape the law. Driving South on 12 you had Capital Reef on your left and about half way to Boulder, UT you had access to Escalante Grand Staircase - another area we spent hours in on horseback. One day we stopped for a burger at a hole in the wall in Boulder. The claim to fame was Butch Cassidy and the Sundance kid frequented the place when in the area. They you came to Bryce Canyon. A lot like Capital Reef except the reefs had eroded into sandstone formations. I we trailered down a rode in Bryce and as Ebenezer Bryce described the canyons name after him, "a Hell of a place to lose a cow."

Nice shot - the snow or hail pretty much tells the story of that area.

Good story and a great experience.

Bob

I went back and found a late afternoon shot at Bryce from 1984 when we lived in Colorado.  Taken on a Mamiya RB67 with a 127 mm  lens on Kodak PanX.

-- hide signature --

"The winds of heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears," Arabic Proverb
__
Truman
www.pbase.com/tprevatt

Truman Prevatt's gear list:Truman Prevatt's gear list
Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm X-Pro3 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +13 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Mar
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow