Just pulled the trigger on M6II + 32 f1.4

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
OP MAC Forum Pro • Posts: 16,449
Re: I'm sucked in by the M6II and 32 @ F1.4

Shaun Jackson wrote:

Lovely shot. Agreed - the creative opportunities this great lens offers is brill. Enjoy!

Thanks

I can recommend the M6 Mark II and this 32 F1.4 lens.  I hope I feel the same way when I get the 11-22.  If that lens comes through it will save me a bunch of money not buying ultra wide angle RF stuff.

On the RP you asked about, I bought it for the normal zoom RF 24-105 F4L.  I got the RP for $850 and the RF 24-105 F4L for $899.  I like the combo and added the RF 85 F2 IS.   I think these were worth the $ for me because I do occasional commissioned shoots so I carry my 6d and this RP.  Now I will also carry the M6II + 32. as the third camera  I have two odin triggers and three odin receivers for my lights along with mag mods and grids.  So it is nice to have three bodies on a shoot with two triggers firing on the same lights

If I didn't do commissioned shoots, I can see myself just using the m6II.   I highly recommend to advanced shooters to invest in radio trigger/receiver and off camera lights and study Rembrandt, Butterfly, and Edge lighting.  The phottix odin system has opened my eyes to the importance of off camera lighting that is important in professional photography.  Keeping the m6 mark II with a sharp lens like the 32 at iso 100 with enough light makes the image and sharpness pop.

If canon introduced a M5II with IBIS and the 32 mpxl sensor I'd buy it and add the sigma 56.  I hope they do, but I don't hold my breath.

What I feel frustrated about is that Canon is developing the bigger RF system and ignoring the smaller m system.  Many like me want small, and sharp and powerful and portable.  They could do it, but imo they will not.  For me, I'd like to be carrying three m's if they would just do what is possible -- but they are unlikely to pay attention to what many of us want.

MAC's gear list:MAC's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS RP Canon EOS M6 II Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow