The V2 Has Surprisingly Malleable RAW Files

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
cyuill2007 Senior Member • Posts: 1,147
The V2 Has Surprisingly Malleable RAW Files

I posted some photos in the "August 2021" thread, which I took while on a walk around Sasamat Lake, near Vancouver BC, Canada. The skies in the photos were, disappointingly, washed out and off-white. I took them using the Neutral Picture Control setting on my Nikon V2, which has a 14.2 MP Aptina sensor with relatively poor DR compared to other sensors being made at the time. I did post processing in Adobe Lightroom Classic. I made good use of the Highlights slider - reducing the highlights really brought out cloud detail and colour in the sky. I brought up the shadows a bit as well, and increased the Clarity and Saturation a little bit. I could have probably done some more work on the image - but I was quite happy with what I had gotten at that point.

I have contemplated for a while getting a Nikon Z50 or Zfc. When I see what I can still get out of my V2 after post processing in Lightroom Classic I have to ask myself, "What's the point in getting a new camera?". The old one is doing fine.

Sasamat Lake - before post processing

Sasamat Lake - after a moderate amount of post processing

cyuill2007's gear list:cyuill2007's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 V2 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +8 more
Nikon Z fc Nikon Z50
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow