Never leave your camera in the trunk of your car.

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
softmarmotte
softmarmotte Veteran Member • Posts: 3,459
Re: Never leave your camera in the trunk of your car.

That's never a nice experience and I hope you are well insured

No you are right you should never leave valuables in a car. I assume you had a hire car or were with foreign plates. this is generally how thieves operate. They don't have anything technical, nor are they masked in general. They are generally eastern European or North African and are part of gangs that 'work' in Belgium, Luxembourg and France for a month at a time before being rotated back 'home'. Even if they are caught (virtually no chance) they are unlikely to be imprisoned and so carry on for the rest of the month. They are not concerned about being caught on camera. If they are imprisoned they serve their short sentences and carry on as before

My car was 'attacked' yet again parked in front of my place of work in Brussels. I never leave anything in it. It's just inconvenient to have to replace another window and takes a week to get this done

Only around 50% of prisoners in Belgium jails are Belgian. The rest are in descending order : Moroccan, Algerian and Romanian, then small amounts of other European nationals

Be aware in urban areas in Belgium, France, Luxembourg, Netherlands and Germany, petty crime - car breaking in and bag snatching is common. There is very little violent crime

softmarmotte's gear list:softmarmotte's gear list
Sony RX100 Olympus E-M1 II Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4-5.6 R +12 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow