** Weekly X Series Photo Thread 01 AUG- 07 AUG **

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Jerry-astro
MOD Jerry-astro Forum Pro • Posts: 17,521
Re: The elusive Green Heron

Morris0 wrote:

Congratulations Jerry. Pretty little birds with an amazing personality. Now that you've found one, do you wonder how many times you may have walked right past one?

Morris

Thanks much, Morris.  It’s certainly possible, though doubtful.  They seem to like hanging around a relatively few areas here, most of which I hadn’t visited much (or at all) previously, such as this particular one.  From what I’ve been able to tell, this may be one of very few locations in the area where they reside.  This differs a lot from GBHs, which can be found in almost any sized body of water here and are very prevalent.

I really do like this location. Towards the end of this last visit, we observed a couple of GBHs, some Egrets, and this little dude.  Best of all, they were congregating in the same area, which made for a very “photographer friendlly” experience.  It’s only about a 15 minute drive from home so I’ll definitely be heading back there periodically.

Once again, much appreciate your help/guidance.

-- hide signature --

Jerry-Astro
Fuji Forum co-Mod

Jerry-astro's gear list:Jerry-astro's gear list
Fujifilm X-H1 Carl Zeiss Touit 2.8/12 Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR Fujifilm XF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 OIS WR Fujifilm XF 8-16mm F2.8 +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Mar
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow