Never leave your camera in the trunk of your car.

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Bernard Pirenne Regular Member • Posts: 405
Never leave your camera in the trunk of your car.

Hello all,

After  a long trip we parked our BMW X3  in a parking from  a nice hotel in Waterloo (Belgium) . Parking was controlled with cameras . Waterloo is a very nice small town  close to Brussels.

Went walking  to a restaurant at 100 meters. Came back at 9pm   and went into the hotel room. It was still daylight. At 9.15 pm hotel called me telling me my car had been attacked. Rear windshield broken and camera and luggage in the trunk  gone.

We went to the police. Robberies of  this kind are common. We had left nothing visible inside the car,   but police told us that pro- robbers are equipped with laser detectors that can determine if a trunk has a computer or a camera even though it is not visible...

I lost an brand new Olympus OMD EM1 Mark III, and lenses 12-40 F2.8 PRO and

7-14 F2.8 PRO plus luggage full of my wife personal belongings...

I hope this bad experience will profit members of this forum.

Police said professional robbers come from other countries. They have lasers detectors, false plates on their cars and they wear a black cover ont their face (cowl) and they do not care about  cameras ... Police said : " we see nothing of their face and plate numbers are false. The Hotel is near a highway and in one hour they are out of Belgium. They are very difficult to catch. We will inspect the videos but we know we  will not be able to indentify them or their cars..."

Be carefull and never again leave your cameras in the trunk of your car.

Regards to all

Bernard

Bernard Pirenne's gear list:Bernard Pirenne's gear list
Olympus Stylus 1s Olympus TG-5 Olympus PEN-F Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 +4 more
Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow