DxO Photolab 4 vs pureraw vs Adobe Camera Raw

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
PhasmatosOculus Junior Member • Posts: 47
DxO Photolab 4 vs pureraw vs Adobe Camera Raw

Hi all,

I have read a couple of other threads regarding this but it didn’t quite answer what I am hoping you guys will now.

My workflow is this, shoot RAW, Adobe camera raw, apply optical corrections, and then fine tune with highlights, exposure, saturation, sharpening etc.

Then into Photoshop for a crop, and some dodge and burn, levels and then saved.

I understand that DxO PureRaw is a separate entity to the PhotoLab and is much cheaper.

I also understand that DxO Photolab has everything that PureRaw has and then some more.

I am wondering, and intrigued that DxO Photolab/ PureRaw optically corrects an image like no other software; takes into account the body and the lens, which sounds amazing.

So does anyone / would it be best to use DxO PhotoLab / PureRaw for these optical corrections with their denoising software etc and then importing them into Adobe Camera Raw for my RAW editing with exposure and then into Photoshop for the final detailing as per my work flow?

Is it worth this extra effort?

or is Photolab RAW editing  on par with Adobe and just do everything with Photolab before the final retouching in Photoshop?

Thanks

-- hide signature --

M

PhasmatosOculus's gear list:PhasmatosOculus's gear list
Canon EOS-1D X Mark II Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Canon Extender EF 1.4x III Canon EF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6L IS II +2 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Lan
Lan
Lan
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow