Focus Issues on my Sony 35mm 1.4 GM lens?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Nina Marie New Member • Posts: 14
Focus Issues on my Sony 35mm 1.4 GM lens?

Hey guys! I just bought a Sony 35mm 1.4 GM lens to pair with my Sigma Art 85mm 1.4 lens for my Sony A7R iii.

I used it for the first time yesterday and was disappointed in its autofocusing abilities.
I missed a good amount of shots trying to focus on my subject while I was in tall grass, and it couldn't tell whether to focus on a blade of grass infront of me, or find the subject. Even when I was standing up and shooting backlit (sunset time), the camera would focus allll the way far and then alll the way close before it found my subject. Another time we shot a family photo infront of a building in shade and half of them are blurry shots - it didn't focus on anyones face! I don't even know what it focused on.
I don't have these issues on my 85mm, and I'm considering returning this lens because of this.

But my question is, is that a common/known problem with the Sony 35mm GM lenses? Or is my A7R iii autofocus the issue? And is there another comparable 24-35mm lens that will focus faster that I can exchange for this one?
Thank you!

www.weddingsbynina.com

Sony 35mm F1.4 G Sony a7R III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow