Good old AF-D 28-105 on Z6

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
mobydick Contributing Member • Posts: 593
Good old AF-D 28-105 on Z6

Thought I put my good old AF-D 28-105/3.5-4.5 on the Z6. The results are suprisingly nice, see below (admittedly, at F11).

Wide open, the center area and most of the frame are decent, stopped down one or two stops it gets really good throughout the whole frame over the whole zoom range (expect for the far edges, as you can see in the image above when looking at it at 100%).

Manual focussing on the Z6 works really well, although the focus ring is not designed for it in the first place (a little bit fiddly).

I think the AF-D lenses from this generation feel and look really good. Overall a joy to use on the Z6. I think that the lens could cope with some more megapixels, but the Z7 (II) will be most likely too demanding for it...

(I am also new to the Z6 and think that - independant of the lens - the resulting image files are really, really good. Reg. rendering of details, I have the impression that the AA filter is not very strong.)

-- hide signature --

Wolfram

mobydick's gear list:mobydick's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7700 Sony RX100 III Sony Alpha DSLR-A850 Nikon D7500 Nikon Z6 +15 more
Nikon Z6 Nikon Z7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow