Thinking of adding back m43...(definately some GAS here :-) )

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Yannis1976
Yannis1976 Veteran Member • Posts: 4,929
Thinking of adding back m43...(definately some GAS here :-) )

Hi,

lately I have been impressed by the new OMD M5 III mainly due to its small size and capabilities (in camera focus stacking, ibis) but also because I miss some flexibility from the m43 lenses. What I really miss is the Olympus 60/2.8 macro lens which unfortunately is much better than the Fuji 60/2.4 (WR, sharper, 1:1 macro). Later if I am happy with the M5, I may add a superzoom lens such as the 12-100 or 12-200 or even the PL100-400 which is much smaller than the Fuji 100-400 (although I am very happy with the 70-300 + 1.4x).

Being honest with myself, I reckon this is 90% GAS and 10% real need (there is no actual need, I am just an amateur ) and I am doing it mostly for my fun. But thinking a bit rationally here, does it make sense to have more than one ILC systems?

Another scenario I was thinking is to upgrade to XT4 mainly attracted by the bigger grip and ibis, but don't like the new screen and the added weight. Plus that wont solve my attraction to smaller/lighter cameras or the macro lenses lack in Fuji.

Sorry to bother you... Just thinking out loud here and starting a discussion...

Thanks

Yannis1976's gear list:Yannis1976's gear list
Olympus TG-5 Canon G5 X II Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 16-80mm F4
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow