Not a Mirrorless in sight….

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
T O Shooter Forum Pro • Posts: 11,299
Re: Size of a DSLR

straitouttahell wrote:

T O Shooter wrote:

But it flies in the face of all the fellows that raved over the Z7 and Z6 because they could get rid of those huge brick of a DSLR, those dinosaurs

That's not the case. DSLRs still are somewhat dinosaurs. It's just that *this* specific MILC model had to be big. The top pro camera always were big. Their users want them like this: big, brute and sturdy.

Yes, and *this* specific MILC body is the minimum Nikon would need to replace either my D4s, D850 or D500.  *This* one should AF as well as these, something that none of Nikon's current offerings can do after about 71 firmware updates. So I assume it takes big for Nikon to pack in everything I'd want in a mirrorless, if I ever wanted mirrorless.  AF, ergonomics, plenty of well placed buttons and dials, enough heft to balance a 70-200 2.8, etc., etc., etc.

-- hide signature --

A Canon G5 and a bit of Nikon gear.
---------------------------
I enjoy my Nikon gear. But as has been pointed out to me "it’s a declining, decaying system based upon ancient technology" Funny that, never noticed.

T O Shooter's gear list:T O Shooter's gear list
Canon PowerShot G5 Nikon D4S Nikon D500 Nikon D850 +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow