Cheetahstand Chopstick and focused light . Noticeable in pictures?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
John Spaar
John Spaar Contributing Member • Posts: 981
Cheetahstand Chopstick and focused light . Noticeable in pictures?

Is this mostly for location work ? I am going to purchase a new  Octo for my key light and I am considering a para. Maybe a Selens or Glow, but I am interested in the focusable light using true para's.

Could someone post a few images on the use of these in a studio environment vs a deep octo.

I am reading a lot on both sides of the expensive, alternatives, and the science behind truly focused light. I would like to see some proof in the pudding shots please.

I understand with sound and focused clarity. But with so many fellow photographers working to soften light in order to not overly clarify models or subjects imperfections...

I do want my key harder and fill softer , true. I am trying to weigh cost vs outcome.

So, please, anyone show me(us) what the noticeable differences in pictures are...

I hope this is not taken in the wrong view...I really need to know in order for me to make the correct choices...

-- hide signature --

A purist at heart to protect the art

John Spaar's gear list:John Spaar's gear list
Canon EOS 50D Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon 6D Mark II +11 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow