Fuji X-H1 video mishap

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Goodglass2 New Member • Posts: 20
Fuji X-H1 video mishap

Hello to All,
                  I was on a paid video shoot for a local car dealer using my trusty Fuji X-H1 and a 1 month old SanDisk Extreme Pro 64gb card.  Easy shoot, nothing extraordinary, except when we were almost finished, I got a “”card writing error”. I turned the camera off, then on. Checked the card via playback and I still had all the clips except for the last one. 
So I tried another recording, got the flashing red dot, got the word “Storing” when the take was completed. We did 2 more takes and went home. I should have checked those takes, but with the red dot and the word “Storing” I figured I was ok.

Back at the office, the clips shot after the “error” were not on the card. We did a quick test at the office, panning the cubicles, got the red dot, got the “Storing” but no clip appeared either in camera or on the computer. We changed out the card and had no issues.

I understand that SD cards can go bad. I get it. But it’s disconcerting that the camera is telling me it’s recording and then storing. Storing it where?

Has anyone else experienced this? Could the files be on the card and just not detectable? Why would the camera tell me it’s recording?   No, there was no card in the second slot. Mea culpa.

Fortunately, my client was very understanding and we’re going to do 2 pick up shots on Monday.

Fujifilm X-H1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow