A Photogenic Solace

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
Handiworks
Handiworks Contributing Member • Posts: 585
A Photogenic Solace

Though I have been an amateur photographer for decades now I still find that I know so little.  Much of this is due to my tendency to want to create the emotion, capture the moment, etc. where the emotive trumps the technical.  This lack of technical prowess... or really just taking the time to really study that which can lead to greatness (like site reading in music lol) has been the bane of my artistic endeavors.

I recently found a YouTube channel which is just wonderfully unique.  I have gleaned mountains of knowledge from many on YT.  From the very well known (McKinnon, Northrops, Potato Jet, Fro, etc.), to the lesser known like Christopher Frost, Dustin Abbott, and the Hybrid Shooter.

After purchasing my Nikon I began honing in on Nikon shooter channels for technical help and found Henry Hudson, Matt Irwin, Ricci, Photography Life, and several others, which are all gems in my arsenal.

In that journey however I also found a channel that is truly as unique as it is refreshing.  "Chris Stewblue" has only posted several videos but they all have been a blast to watch.  Not only does he love all things Nikon, but brings a human element and style that is often missing on "social media"... as ironic as that sounds.

This last upload captured why I love photography, and why I have long found it a solace.  This one touched my heart and I thought I'd share it.

"The present is the only point where time touches eternity" C.S. Lewis

Handiworks's gear list:Handiworks's gear list
Nikon Z6 II Nikon Z 24-70mm F4 Nikon Z 24-200mm F4-6.3 VR
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow