Raw processing software?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
tt321
tt321 Forum Pro • Posts: 13,791
Raw processing software?

I could not find a software forum on dpr (maybe I did not look hard enough?). Given that this is my 'home forum' I'm asking this question here. If this is inappropriate I apologize.

After some 8 years I have now got a new computer (an ARM-based Macbook). As had been the usual practice I went to Adobe chat to ask for a download link for Lightroom 6.14, but this time was rebuffed with repeated 'no longer supported' replies. I suppose this is the end of LR for me if I do not go for subscription. Maybe the install files do not even install on the current mac OS? I played with a version of LR installation file and got 'the developer should update' message. Fortunately I still have one copy of LR 6.14 running on one Windows machine, and there is no immediate plan for a new camera, so I have some time to explore options.

So what do people recommend for a stand-alone non-subscription raw processing solution (paid once or free) to replace LR?

I regularly use certain features of LR, including geometric 'correction' (trying to make parallel vertical/horizontal lines parallel, even when the shooting perspective makes them non-parallel) and multi-shot processing (HDR and panorama). Would be nice to have these features included in the replacement.

Many thanks in advance for sharing your wisdom.

Sharing a photo as a gesture of thanks:

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow