Sony Alpha 1, SEL 200-600 or Canon R5, RF 100-500

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
win10-64 Regular Member • Posts: 491
Re: Sony Alpha 1, SEL 200-600 or Canon R5, RF 100-500

Is there a easy way to find out whether a 200-600mm is a good copy or not. Is the difference between a good copy and bad copy more noticable the further the subject is away or even at close distances?

I have wondered whether mine is a good copy when wide open, but hopefully it is more a DOF issue and needing the focus point to be more precise on the head and eye with such a shallow DOF especially with the TC 1.4 on.

daran wrote:

I think part of what you are looking at is a poor-ish copy of the 200-600. Ignoring other differences, the IQ of those two lenses tends to be very close to each other. I've read lots of reviews and so far checked half a dozen 200-600 against my friends single 100-400: all pretty good except one copy, good copies are slightly better, poor copies are slightly worse, but the 100-400 with TC1.4 could only compete with the worst copy. This rtather matches what the majority of comparative reviews reported.

-- hide signature --

For every house is builded by some man; but He that built all things is God. Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow