Infrared photography, which is the guilty: Camera or filter?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
tornado77 New Member • Posts: 1
Infrared photography, which is the guilty: Camera or filter?

Hey. I've been interested in IR photography for a little while, but I bought my filter impulsively. I have an EOS 800D, Sigma 17-50mm, and ICE 950nm filter. As excepted, I can't focus, and I have to do a very long exposure, but, it doesn't look like any other infrared photo I saw, at all. Normally, everything has a pink-ish tint and the vegetation is brighter, but in my case it have a cherry/red tint and the vegetation is very dark. When I try editing the photo, I can turn the trees white, but the rest is pink. If I turn the sky blue, the trees become green/aqua. I've tried the filter with my cellphone, and I got better results, it looked more like a normal infrared picture, and the raw looked like as it should.

My question is the following: Is the problem my filter because its too strong, my camera because it is too recent, or a mix of both? And if its the camera, would it look better on a 5D Mark III? because I will buy one soon.

Thanks.

Shot with the 800D, modified

Shot with Galaxy S20, modified

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS Rebel T7i / EOS 800D / Kiss X9i
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow