Dry Scan with Epson Fluid Mount Accessory

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Don Park Regular Member • Posts: 129
Re: Dry Scan with Epson Fluid Mount Accessory

sybersitizen wrote:

Don Park wrote:

... I would appreciate it if anyone who attempted this solution or anyone who has an insights on scanning with Epson flatbed scanners.

My personal insight with a V500 is that I can get great results with large negatives laid directly on the glass, dry, and with no backing glass other than the scanner lid. This works so well that it has allowed me to to scan a 4x5 negative with the scan head that's only 70mm wide by shifting the negative and stitching the results.

Of course the value of this insight is probably dependent on the particular scanner, the particular negative, and the particular judgment of the user. It's possible that the V500 lens could have greater depth of field than some other Epsons, so that might be a factor.

Quite interesting! V850 has dual lens system, standard resolution lens for scanning with film guide (including film on the scanner bed glass) and high resolution lens for scanning with film holder regardless of the scan resolution setting. I will continue to find out a solution to work with the high resolution lens where possible. Thanks.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow