Canon Pro-1000 – colours completely off after long hiatus

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
BorisGil Forum Member • Posts: 51
Canon Pro-1000 – colours completely off after long hiatus

Good day,

I wanted to ask for some help, as I'm at a loss of what to do. I've tried printing today for the first time after a long hiatus (since early 2020).

I've used the same settings as the last time I printed, as well as the same paper; but the colours came out very much off – faces looked purple, blue walls turned olive, oranges turned red. B&W photos seemed to have a green cast.

I printed a test pattern – no visible problems; I nevertheless did a head cleaning and a colour calibration via the printer, also reinstalled the paper profile from Canson's website. Tried printing again – same results.

I have then also updated the printer firmware and tried a different paper (Canon glossy instead of Canson Baryta) with the appropriate Canon profile. I did a small test print after each step – no improvement; If anything, after updating the printer firmware the results got worse, with even more magenta on the faces

Can the inks have gone off?? I do have a replacement set (as before my hiatus many of the links were getting low), so I could replace most of them.

Any advice would be really appreciated.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow