Not a Mirrorless in sight….

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
DenWil
DenWil Veteran Member • Posts: 4,458
Re: Not a Mirrorless in sight….

lickity split wrote:

Ever since I joined DPR the Mirrorless customers bragged that MILC was the future and it’s better than DSLR’s at everything ,we’ll it’s been almost a decade and still none of pros have switched when it matters most, the Olympics is here again and still MILC cameras are NOT and I repeat NOT found at the Nikon Booth in Tokyo, i sure plenty of pros tried one out of curiosity just to see how it performs only to quickly put it back down and pick up their trusted D5-D6.

https://nikonrumors.com/2021/07/25/check-out-the-nikon-gear-room-at-the-tokyo-olympic-games-2021.aspx/

ML is the next thing. Advertisers and pundits told us so.

When everyone had their film kits  the medium was stagnant , not inclusive,  and  sales lagged and then came digital to revitalize an industry. A decade  or so  later  dumping mirrors and  adding new mounts  allow  the manufacturers to  sell sell sell all but identical replacement kits to the same people one more time. One more 35mm lens, one more 85mm lens...

The new system may be  technically superior  however so far I have not seen results so dynamic at a glance to justify the  expense to anyone but gear heads whose thing is collecting the next piece of gear- not  the folks  in the middle of Mojave at 5AM prepared to shoot in the day's best light.

-- hide signature --

dw

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow