Eye/subject tracking Xperia 1ii or Pixel 5 ?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
EOS500NF31fdXA1 Forum Member • Posts: 55
Eye/subject tracking Xperia 1ii or Pixel 5 ?

Hi all

My mobile has been filing for retirement ( LG v30) for a while but now its getting serous about it (and dont blame it after 4-5y) so Im looking for replacement, the most important thing is eye/subject tracking for me.

As parent to a 1 year old the overwhelming majority of the pics I take are of her hence making this the most important factor, shes seldom still and is way too young to pose or cooperate so apart from candids when shes absorbed in playing with sth its tricky and its nice to capture shots when shes looking at the camera so need sth with decent burst to capture expressions.

Ive seen impressive things from the xperia in terms of eye tracking but havent been able to find a reliable report on the pixel, what magic does it have to help with that ? Ive read sth about favourite faces but dont know  how well or otherwise this works in real life. Also whats the fps for the pixel ?

I know the xperia 1iii is on the horizon and the pixel 6 will likely be announced in October but not sure if my mobile will stay alive this long so getting ready to buy a replacement in case it dies beforehand

Thanks for reading and any imput you may have

Kay

EOS500NF31fdXA1's gear list:EOS500NF31fdXA1's gear list
Sony SLT-A68 Canon EF 50mm F1.8 II Canon EF 28-80mm f/3.5-5.6 II Canon EF 75-300mm f/4.0-5.6 III USM Tamron AF 18-200mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Macro +5 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow