Is 512GB SSD enough for me?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Flycaster
Flycaster Senior Member • Posts: 1,813
Is 512GB SSD enough for me?

At present my HP 750-114 does have some corruption that either slow things down or is disruptive until attended to. Furthermore, it is about 5 years old and I'm ready for a new one. As far as photo editing goes (Fastrawviewer, Faststone, Photoloab 4 Elite, Photoshop Elements 18,) most slow down is when exporting from PL4 to PSE...but things appear to be slowing sown with the other programs, too.  I'm just an amateur and plan to stay that way, but would like to speed up the photo processing.

One of my main questions in choosing a new computer (been leaning towards the HP TE01 series...TE01-1022,) is just how much storage I really need. Presently, my 2TB HD only has 0.2TB (Apps/Features ~56GB and Pictures ~37GB) stored on it.  I also have a Seagate Slim 1TB external HD used as a backup.  I'm willing to go for between $500 and $900, but, of course, would prefer to not over do it.  I have looked at HP computers that only have one 512GB SSD (no HD) and was wondering, given my apparently limited storage amount, whether a single 512GB SSD would be enough and I don't need an on-board HD?

Flycaster's gear list:Flycaster's gear list
Canon PowerShot SD850 IS Olympus Tough TG-2 Panasonic FZ1000
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow