Godox TT350 with Auto-ISO

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jo1521 New Member • Posts: 5
Godox TT350 with Auto-ISO

Hi All - Amateur enthusiast here that is just starting to use a flash.  I've been more of a travel / landscape photographer, but now I have a baby running around the house.

I just purchased a Godox TT350 and I'm trying to get it to work with Auto-ISO, but in my test shots it keeps selecting ISO in the 2000-3200 range.  This is OK with my Nikon Z6, but I'd prefer the flash to fire stronger and result in a lower ISO.  If I manually set the ISO to 100, the flash will increase output and properly expose the image - so I know the flash has enough power to do what I want.  I could just operate in manual ISO, but I'd prefer to get Auto-ISO to work better if possible.

What's more confusing, if I swap out my Godox TT350 for a Nikon SB-300 and take the same test shot with the same camera settings, the Auto-ISO will select something in the 100-200 range.  This leads me to believe what I want to do is possible and it's a flash setting, not a camera setting.

Here are some details:

Camera Settings: f4, 1/200s, Auto-ISO, fill-flash, 0 flash compensation

Flash Settings: TTL, 0 compensation, auto-zoom, no high speed sync.

One other thing to note is that I'm only experiencing this when I bounce the flash off the ceiling.  If a point it at the subject, it will give me a lower ISO.

Any insights?  Thanks in advance!

Nikon Z6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow