AF during video recording

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OP JeremieB Senior Member • Posts: 1,109
Re: AF during video recording

Kobie M-C wrote:

Manually triggering AF while in video works with all AF lenses (on my K-30, K-3 and K-3 III, DC, PLM and screw drive).

What Pentax is talking about regarding AF during video is continuous real time AF.C during video.

That only works with PLM lenses. You start recording and the camera will continuously focus without you having to press anything so as you move closer and further from the camera, it will automatically adjust focus as the video is being recorded.

Thank you !

I found my mistake, at some point I probably configured K70 to focus with back AF button only ... and completely forgot about. Works as expected in fact. Sorry for that

Was an opportunity to try video AF though - I'm impressed how much better it is compared to K70, though the latter should be better normally thanks to OSPDAF. It seems in K3iii they essentially made a clever algorithm to avoid racking focus uselessly, instead of something completely dumb - that changes a lot.

JeremieB's gear list:JeremieB's gear list
Pentax K-70 Pentax K-3 Mark III Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Pentax smc DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL Pentax smc D-FA 100mm F2.8 Macro WR +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow