TIFF Image Watermark saved as TIFF, file size reduction

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
NAwlins Contrarian Veteran Member • Posts: 6,446
Um, can I amend my answer?

Understood on the caveat, something else going amiss

I've just seen some tutorials on the product you mention (it's ~£49) - It's far more versatile than DPP4! Think I'll be putting my hand in pocket for this! Many thanks for your help! - Now all I need to do is work out the inverse blur function for aircraft propellers

Glad Affinity Photo appears to be a good option for you, and you're welcome. It is an excellent product and an excellent value.

But now I'm going to sheepishly admit that my prior post said something that in your case is arguably misleading or even incorrect. I wrote:

Affinity Photo is likely to give you 97% of the Photoshop capabilities that you'd actually use ....

The problem with my prior statement is that it assumes that few people use Photoshop for raw conversion, which is probably true today because almost anyone with Photoshop also has Lightroom. But you still need a raw converter, Photoshop would give you the quite-capable Adobe Camera Raw, and unfortunately raw conversion is Affinity Photo's greatest weakness. To put it bluntly, Affinity Photo's raw conversion module is fairly rudimentary and has frustrating limitations. I almost always use DxO PhotoLab or Lightroom to perform the raw conversion before using Affinity Photo for pixel editing.

So although I think you may well get excellent use and excellent value from Affinity Photo, I'm less convinced that in your use it will or should replace DPP and/or some other raw converter.

NAwlins Contrarian's gear list:NAwlins Contrarian's gear list
Nikon Coolpix S30 Canon PowerShot S120 Sony Alpha DSLR-A580 Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di USD +5 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow