Canon R3 Ergonomic Concern / Question for 1D series shooters

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Tim Kamppinen Regular Member • Posts: 129
Canon R3 Ergonomic Concern / Question for 1D series shooters

Looking at the back of the R3, the playback and magnification buttons are both on the bottom the camera, out of reach of the right thumb.

The playback button isn't a huge concern because I'm assuming I would be able to program the SET button for image review like I have on my R5, but the magnification button worries me a bit. I very frequently hit that button to zoom in to 100% and check focus and I don't want to have to take my left hand off the lens to do it.

Ideally the INFO and Q buttons could be reprogrammed (and then those functions moved to the playback/magnification buttons), but on the R5 this isn't possible. Does the 1D series allow customization of these buttons?

I guess the other solution would be using one of the buttons on the front of the camera, which would work but it would be nice to have both of those for other functions.

I really wish Canon would go the Sony route of letting users customize virtually every button on the camera however we want. Canon is way ahead of Nikon in this regard (I just switched recently) but it's still annoying that we don't have full configurability to make the cameras work the way we want them to.

Canon EOS R5 Canon EOS-1D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow