In Search of filter system: Kase, Nisi, Breakthrough Photography or PolarPro

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
OP sirhawkeye64 Veteran Member • Posts: 6,877
Re: In Search of filter system: Kase, Nisi, Breakthrough Photography or PolarPro

AZheaven wrote:

Blind Bill wrote:

I have the Breakthrough X4 ND's (3 and 6 stop) which I have used alone and stacked with some success. I wish Breakthrough would get their magnetic filters mounts out because I am interested in them. I've read some good things about the Kase magnetic group and, except for their cost, would be happy to try them out.

I was told, because I live in sunny AZ, that I need the 6 stop X4 CPL. Even though in the past I used the regular X4 CPL and other CPL's with success.

I think the "X4" for Breakthrough is not a power-rating (could be) but I thought it was more quality-related and more or less a segment within their filter lines to differentiate the "cheaper" filters from the more expensive filters (sort of how most companies have at least two different levels of filters -- from a price/quality standpoint).

But people have recommended the X4's to me as well, which is the one  I think I personally will get.  I think they do run a bit darker (at least my 10-stop ND does) by a little (in my case about 1/2 stop so it's really like 10.5 stops).

sirhawkeye64's gear list:sirhawkeye64's gear list
Nikon Z7 Nikon Z6 II Nikon Z7 II GoPro Hero8 Black Nikon Z 50mm F1.8 +11 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow