I Need a laptop...

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
I a n
I a n Regular Member • Posts: 137
Re: I Need a laptop...

John Card wrote:

Posting here because some of the D850 people may have had similar experiences...

I figure if I post in the PC group, its going to trend anti-Mac, and the Mac forum would be the reverse. Maybe I can find some balance here.

What would you do?

I would look at a gaming laptop for a possible choice. I have an i5 MSI that I used for this purpose when I had a D700. I got it on sale as stock ran out on that model. It's under powered really for an D850 but I would do that again with a newer machine.

My desktop i5 system has held its own with my D850 (faster drives) but as you can imagine I am considering a new computer soon.

My view on the Mac PC issue is you pay a 25% premium for a Mac. You can either spend more for the same performance or spend the same and get a lesser computer. That's a general statement so it clearly does not apply to all PCs since some PC makers are trying to get there too especially with notebooks. Hence my suggestion of looking at MSI models or another well regarded gaming notebook maker.

The other thing to think about is screen calibration. Make sure you do it

That's what I would do.

I a n's gear list:I a n's gear list
Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR Tamron SP 24-70mm F2.8 G2 Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D Nikon AF Micro-Nikkor 200mm f/4D ED-IF +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow