Wedding Photographer and Raw

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
tbcass
tbcass Forum Pro • Posts: 51,239
Re: Good Wedding Prints Bring New Customers

Aaron801 wrote:

mandm wrote:

Ellis Vener wrote: "My experience is that the less people pay, the bigger PiTA clients they turn out to be."

I agree.

I've done very little photography for pay (too little even to speak of) but I've done plenty of graphic design and my experience with that mirrors this sentiment exactly. If you do a project for a reduced fee or even something for a non-profit that you've agreed to do for free it more often than not ends up being much more complicated with less realistic expectations. it seems kind of counter to what one might expect, because if you give someone a deal on your services you might think that they'd be appreciative, but the folks with the least to spend are often tightest with it and expect more, no matter how good a deal they might be getting. They also don't tend to realize the kind of deal that they're getting as they're less likely to have experience hiring out these kind of services.

The last sentence explains it all. They don't know they are getting a good deal and they don't know what is generally expected and reasonable.

-- hide signature --

Tom

tbcass's gear list:tbcass's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony RX10 IV Sony a99 II Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di USD +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
MOD Biggs23
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow