HELP! Locked X-H1 :(

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
El Vuelo del Escorpion
El Vuelo del Escorpion Contributing Member • Posts: 856
HELP! Locked X-H1 :(

Hi all,

Today during a paid portrait session my X-H1 showed a "Turn off camera and restart" message and it never work again. I removed battery, lens, cards, everything, and the camera still shows the same message when I turn it on. I don't even have access to the menu to force a full reset.

The problem started when, in the middle of a series of shots, I changed from landscape to portrait orientation. I heard a mechanical sound like if some part was moving or released inside the body/lens.

Inspecting the camera carefully I noticed that the shutter (not the shutter button) is locked, covering the sensor (see photo)

When turning the camera on I can hear a "clic-clic-clic" sound before the camera shows the message.

Of course I will send the camera to Fuji, but it is a problem for me to have this issue in the middle of a wedding season...

Have any of you ever had a similar problem? Any advice?

I really love Fuji, but over the years the reliability problems that I have experienced show me that they are not still there for a highly demanding professional job. I feel really disappointed and sad now. I have a great collection of Fuji bodies and lenses, but on days like these I have the terrible thought that I should sell it all

-- hide signature --

Óscar
IG @oscarlagarrotxa @mallorca.in.love | Landscape: https://500px.com/p/fingers1971 | www.oscarlagarrotxa.com | www.mallorcainlove.es |

El Vuelo del Escorpion's gear list:El Vuelo del Escorpion's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-H1 Nikon AF Nikkor 35mm f/2D +13 more
Fujifilm X-H1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow