Lack of focus bracketing in Sony is getting noticed..

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
joger
joger Veteran Member • Posts: 7,062
Re: I doubt Sony would include focus stacking in any existing camera by a firmware update

All Bushs Fault wrote:

Focus stacking in-camera would not be desirable for most engaged in professional or advanced amateur use.

Focus bracketing can be added via firmware because Fuji did it for its medium format cameras and then later added auto focus bracketing via firmware which I am enjoying very much.

I do not think you completed the thought started in the subject line. Are you saying Sony will only improve their cameras through new releases? I wouldn't buy an a7R V if the only improvement was focus bracketing.

yes - I think new features will solely come with new camera bodies since you've payed for the feature set you bought.

I don't get the idea why any supplier would offer additional features for free in an existing product where the market is shrinking?

Most probably Sony would offer such features in new camera bodies eventually. And in case they'd offer no other tangible advantage this would be a no go for me.

In case the A7R V would offer still only 60.2 MP sensor this is a camera to easily skip - I am not in need of any software improvements and be willing to pay for that.

I want them to innovate on hardware rather than adding some software tweaks I can simulate on my own.

-- hide signature --

“The horizon of many people is a circle with zero radius which they call their point of view.” Albert Einstein
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." Douglas Adams

joger's gear list:joger's gear list
Sony a7R IV Sony FE 135mm F1.8 GM Sony FE 35mm F1.4 GM Sony FE 50mm F1.2 GM Sony FE 14mm F1.8 GM +13 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow