A9II - Motocross - focus settings

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
8500rpm Forum Member • Posts: 91
A9II - Motocross - focus settings

A question to sport shooters. (first, must say, I'm very pleased with the A9II, got some very nice images)... but to the question.

What kind of focus settings should you use for fast moving bikes in a chaotic environment? I shoot motocross but I guess downhill mountainbiking, cycling etc would be the same.

If I use wide focus area and tracking, I miss focus many times due to the fact that there is so much moving and the camera doesn't know what to focus on so it grabs the wrong motorcycle and then tracks that.

What I would like to have and haven't found it but could be wrong here is to have mid-focus point that starts to track wider as I begin to fire away. Right now if I chose center focus it seems to stay there (which is Ok, but I would prefer more to start center and then move around)

So in essence, focus is super accurate and correctly tracking but the first split second I would need more control over where it starts to focus.

Any ideas?

Am I explaining it maybe too complicated?

-- hide signature --

Best Regards, Markus

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow