Lack of focus bracketing in Sony is getting noticed..

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
All Bushs Fault Regular Member • Posts: 435
Re: Lack of focus bracketing in Sony is getting noticed..

vison_sss wrote:

The only innovation in Sony FF land is the marketing budget fueling GAS and "elevating" Sony FF bodies to be mere fashion accessories.

A7RIV is the best current example of this syndrome. First choice for GAS types who are drawn towards the pixel count figure and hysteria generated by populist YouTube reviewers.

Isn't bashing pixel counts all played out?

If IQ is your primary requirement one would shoot medium format, if crop-ability is important medium format would be first choice.

I do own medium format but until Fuji comes up with an affordable zoom or prime longer than 250mm, the a7R IV + 200-600mm was my only option at the time of purchase.

A9 was the last innovation which actually delivered a significant increase in capability to the market - which Sony should be appluded for.

The A9 just happens to be the Sony camera you own. I wouldn't call the compromise in resolution to attain AF speed an innovation. Canon and Nikon have done this for years. The A1 is what the A9 should have been. If the A1 had been available when I decided I needed the 200-600, I would have opted for the A1.

Brands like Panasonic with no AA filters(s1h being the exception to reduce morie) full sensor dedicated to capturing photons as opposed to useless pixels dedicated to PDAF inputs, peerless video capabilities in the mirrorless form factor are innovative tools produced to achieve a specific outcome.

Above will no doubt be an unpopular opinion however Sony evangelist need to get over themselves as the shrills are getting tiresome and end result is likely to be this slippery slope of sony's continual release of toys not tools.

All Bushs Fault's gear list:All Bushs Fault's gear list
Pentax 645Z Canon EOS 5DS R Sony a7R IV Fujifilm GFX 100S Canon EF 50mm F1.8 II +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow