Re: Excellent unbiased comparison video

MyDog Is Incharge wrote:

nandbytes wrote:

MyDog Is Incharge wrote:

nandbytes wrote:

MyDog Is Incharge wrote:

nandbytes wrote:

MyDog Is Incharge wrote:

You see a lot of bias on the topic. Tony Northrup got flamed by some when he said the R5 AF was better than the A1. But good number of reviewers now have said the same. Personally I shoot a lot of video, an there the AF gap really widens. Sony left animal and bird focus off for video for some unknown reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5c8_7n0yI8

Jan goes does an excellent job here. I find it interesting the due to the focus breathing often there is much less of a difference between 500mm and 600mm, but the difference between 100mm and 200mm is large. IS on the combos also had a big gap between them.

Enjoy the video!

f7.1... f6.3.

1/3rd of a stop difference. My bet is you can't see the difference in the photos.

I'd be curious to see the T-stops, because it could be even closer.

As said f6.3 is already pushing it for me. It was only 1/3rd stop from f5.6 so I took the hit. so really f7.1 is 2/3rd stop difference for me.

Or conversely speaking I used to use 100-400mm+1.4x which was f8. With 200-600mm I get 2/3rd stop more light, with f7.1 I gain only 1/3rd stop.

I can definitely notice 2/3rd stop difference.

But you know the difference is only 1/3rd of a stop right? You seem very confused.

I don't need more than 2-3 stops which Sony provides.

OK, I'll put this with the 1/3rd stop is really 2/3rds stops comment. Anyway I am glad you found ways to justify liking your camera. That is what matters most and there is no reason you should not be happy.

You really shouldn't take sentences out of context that's as bad putting words in people's mouth.

I did also explain why I'd like canon's 8 stop IBIS which you have ignored (and which areas I don't really need IBIS due to high shutter speeds).

Looks like your seem have a canon bias which you are trying to push for some reason. That is fine if that's what you like doing to justify your camera, you too should be happy. No reason you should not be happy

-- hide signature --

Focus on what you have, not on what you don't.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/nandbytes/

nandbytes's gear list:nandbytes's gear list
Sony a7C Sony a1 Sony FE 200-600 F5.6-6.3 Sony FE 20mm F1.8G Tamron 28-200mm F2.8-5.6 +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow