Backpack suggestions

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
OP erikjanneman Junior Member • Posts: 40
Re: Backpack suggestions

Hi Neil,

Thanks for your reply. It is something to think about. I thought about a capture clip, but the more I read about it, I wasn't sure how comfortable it really is. To me it seems like the weight of the camera will either dig into your chest or pul the carrying strap from your backpack out in an uncomfortable way. But I might be wrong.

I bought the first version of the peak design sling when that came out years ago and it is still great. I attach one side to the left side, and the other to the bottom of my camera. It then hangs of to the side pointing down, instead of horizontal. That works quite well for me. It is only an issue on more challenging terrain hikes. Generally I will decide to pack my camera away for climbing sections. Then something like a capture clip might be quite nice.

The pack looks good but I think I will stick with my Deuter for now. But I might get a different ICU. I am considering the lowepro creator box, or the Tenba BYOB. Unsure about size and the Tenba also has a standing one specifically for backpacks.. but I also kind of like their box designs which you could Cary by itself for short outings.

Might end up ordering all and then deciding when I can look at them and test them out in my pack.

erikjanneman's gear list:erikjanneman's gear list
Fujifilm X-T4 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow