Is the a6300 still relevant in 2021?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
LightSource New Member • Posts: 16
Is the a6300 still relevant in 2021?

I sold my a6000 and both the kit lenses, it was becoming very much not relevant, I couldnt even use my phone as a remote as the camera is not supported by the new app.

The main benefits I see in the a6300 are the newer 425pt hybrid focus system, 4k video (I dont shoot a lot), real time AF tracking.
So Ive found a nice one that must have come with the 18-105mm F4 in the kit. It is priced at $800 USD. 
I sold the a6000 with both kit lenses for not a lot less. Likely I would sell the lens separately, buy the newish 70-350mm which will cover my wildlife, buy a anything under 70mm I will buy used primes, a quality 10-14mm, the 35mm f1.8 and an unknown macro lens and thats me covered. 
Other cameras I am looking for/at

Fuji X-s10
Sony A7 ii (used)
Canon EOS RP
Oly E-M1 ii (used). 
Ideally I want an IBIS body, even better a FF IBIS, but there are benefits to the Oly and the Sony, lenses can be found with relative ease used. The Fuji is prob the best camera of the lot with IBIS and Fuji's new sensor as per the X-t4 with the 425pt focus system, similar to Sony's AF (minus the real time tracking). 
Id buy the a6300 as its a bargain, but Im worried with it being 5 years old, how long until its no longer relevant like the a6000. 
I like rangefinders, so a new X-s10 is very similar to the Sony Axxx series. But has a quality IBIS along with a new sharper faster AF. Fuji keeps its lenses simple with the 3 grades, but Id likely do similar with the Fuji, get the new XF70-300mm (maybe along with the tc1.4 in time) and then work backward filling the lens ecology. The Fuji 16mm F1.4 is katana sharp.

Olympus E-M1 Sony a6000 Sony a6300 Sony a7 II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow