Wirelessly record audio to a1 and zoom f6?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
Joe Tam Senior Member • Posts: 1,357
Wirelessly record audio to a1 and zoom f6?

Hi,

I would like to record audio from a Sennheiser MKE-600 mic and send it to my a1 as well as wirelessly to Zoom F6 for quick turnaround as well as an option to record in 32-bit float in case there is audio clipping on the a1.

I connected a Rode Go to the MKE-600 to send the audio to the F6. I then used a 30-db attenuator cable to connect a Rodelink Filmmaker Mic transmitter to the line out port of the F6.  The Rodelink transmits the audio to the a1 and tests showed voice recording is pretty good.  I was not able to check how much noise this introduces as I was in a loud environment at the time.  Will do tests when I get back to home base.

Has anyone found a better solution to dual-recording without having to attach XLR-cable from MKE-600 to F6 then syncing in post?

Instead of sending audio I was also thinking of using the Rodelink to transmit time-code generated from Zoom F6  to a1 and then just sync timecode in post using tentacle sync sofware.

This has been the easiest method of syncing for me but I do not have an audio backup on camera in case things go wrong on external recording.

Joe Tam's gear list:Joe Tam's gear list
Sony a9 Sony a7R IV Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 400mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +11 more
Sony a1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow