TIFF Image Watermark saved as TIFF, file size reduction

Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
NAwlins Contrarian Veteran Member • Posts: 6,473
Re: Three factors affecting TIFF size

Original thinking was that I could use DPP4 for dressing up the images, pay the one off fee to watermark and it would all come together without having to contemplate photoshop fees..... wrong!

Serif Affinity Photo is likely to give you 97% of the Photoshop capabilities that you'd actually use for only $50, or sometimes even on sale for $25 (or the equivalent in your home country). I have not used it to watermark, but I'll give 14:1 odds that it can do so with sufficient ease and fine quality.

But just to point out: there are multiple technical issues I raised, which have substantial ability to affect your results, that have not been addressed--like how you'd get a 33 MB uncompressed TIFF from an 80D. There are some complex interactions in play, and although my leading suspicion is some issue with your watermarking software, it's not the only real possibility.

NAwlins Contrarian's gear list:NAwlins Contrarian's gear list
Nikon Coolpix S30 Canon PowerShot S120 Sony Alpha DSLR-A580 Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di USD +5 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow