Sony Alpha 1, SEL 200-600 or Canon R5, RF 100-500

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
(unknown member) Regular Member • Posts: 217
Re: Excellent unbiased comparison video

nandbytes wrote:

MyDog Is Incharge wrote:

nandbytes wrote:

MyDog Is Incharge wrote:

You see a lot of bias on the topic. Tony Northrup got flamed by some when he said the R5 AF was better than the A1. But good number of reviewers now have said the same. Personally I shoot a lot of video, an there the AF gap really widens. Sony left animal and bird focus off for video for some unknown reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5c8_7n0yI8

Jan goes does an excellent job here. I find it interesting the due to the focus breathing often there is much less of a difference between 500mm and 600mm, but the difference between 100mm and 200mm is large. IS on the combos also had a big gap between them.

Enjoy the video!

f7.1... f6.3.

1/3rd of a stop difference. My bet is you can't see the difference in the photos.

I'd be curious to see the T-stops, because it could be even closer.

As said f6.3 is already pushing it for me. It was only 1/3rd stop from f5.6 so I took the hit. so really f7.1 is 2/3rd stop difference for me.

Or conversely speaking I used to use 100-400mm+1.4x which was f8. With 200-600mm I get 2/3rd stop more light, with f7.1 I gain only 1/3rd stop.

I can definitely notice 2/3rd stop difference.

But you know the difference is only 1/3rd of a stop right?    You seem very confused.

Personally I'll take the better AF and better IBIS over 1/3rd of a stop.  Oh well.  Stay away from slick telemarketers who say you can make money giving them yours.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow