Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Greg7579
Greg7579 Forum Pro • Posts: 14,041
Re: You asked. Here's the answer.

JimKasson wrote:

Greg7579 wrote:

Evidence. LOL.

Go have some fun and shoot.

There is nothing extraordinary about anything I have said about GFX DOF.

I see the evidence every day when I shoot.

Go shoot some GFX and you will see.

But no worries. Carry on Sir.

Hey ... here is some GFX DOF. I took this a short time ago on a hike by our hotel.

Check out that beautiful glacier. Svinafellsjokul. The aiming point was on the close ice face, that was very far away. I took another one with the aiming point on the back mountains. Guess what happened?

They were both sharp. If they weren't, one was misfocused. You didn't use AF, did you? That's not reliable, for a single shot, although if you shoot enough shots with AF, you'll get one that's critically sharp.

And what do you think the tables say?

Let's say the near face is 400 meters away.

Diffraction will be a far, far greater source of blur than DOF.

OK Jim.  I'm at dinner with a tablet drinking Icelandic beer and I need to check if both shots were the same with the focos point radically shitfted.  But is all far away.  It all should be good.  I need to intensely peep.  Of course no one else does.  Teresa took the shot with her iphone and it looks great .... on the phone.

We are finally ll lucky.  It has been overcast here for two weeks amnd we got here today to this glorious scene. And I got it.  I had the monopod and the incrediblec45-100. I swear James .... I'm gonna sell all my GF lenses and use only the 45-100. 🤓

Erik .... No worries.

-- hide signature --
 Greg7579's gear list:Greg7579's gear list
Leica Q2 Fujifilm GFX 50R Fujifilm GFX 100 Fujifilm GF 32-64mm F4 Fujifilm 120mm F4 Macro +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow