Not a Mirrorless in sight….

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
T O Shooter Forum Pro • Posts: 11,300
Re: F-mount on a Mirrorless Z

ericbowles wrote:

michaeladawson wrote:

That’s not why pros aren’t switching to mirrorless. An F mount mirrorless wouldn’t perform any better than the current Z bodies. Until you get both the EVF and AF up to what the pros from a DSLR they won’t be switching.

This is far from correct. I only know of one top Nikon pro out of more than two dozen I've interviewed that has not bought at least one Z camera.

Who do you work for that requires you to be interviewing Nikon pros??

Most of them are using either all Z systems or hybrid systems with the D850, D5 or D6 used for fast action. I'm also seeing some remarkable work with pros using the Z6II or Z7II for action - like Michelle Valberg's use of the 500 PF with the TC20E III teleconverter and FTZ for action.

Michelle Valberg is a Canadian Nikon Ambassador that will shoot with whatever Nikon ask her to shoot with. I could do remarkable work with a D50 if push comes to shove. I'm sure I could do the same with a Z6ii or Z7ii if need be. However they are far from the bodies of choice, behind the D4, D4s, D5, D6, D850, Canon R5, Sony A9, Sony A9ii, Sony Alpha.

She uses it because it's completely silent and does not spook the loons on her lake. And the Z6II and Z7II will focus accurately with a combination that is f/11 wide open.

I'll go with Michael Dawson's comment to wrap it up.  "That’s not why pros aren’t switching to mirrorless. An F mount mirrorless wouldn’t perform any better than the current Z bodies. Until you get both the EVF and AF up to what the pros from a DSLR they won’t be switching."  A Z AF and the Z EVFs are not there yet.  Useable, but not there.

-- hide signature --

A Canon G5 and a bit of Nikon gear.
---------------------------
I enjoy my Nikon gear. But as has been pointed out to me "it’s a declining, decaying system based upon ancient technology" Funny that, never noticed.

T O Shooter's gear list:T O Shooter's gear list
Canon PowerShot G5 Nikon D4S Nikon D500 Nikon D850 +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow