Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Greg7579
Greg7579 Forum Pro • Posts: 14,041
Re: Change of mind?

JimKasson wrote:

Greg7579 wrote:

JimKasson wrote:

Greg7579 wrote:

I'm not interested in conducting tests for you Jim.

You've changed your mind so quickly from what you said here ?

I read your pleas and I like you and respect you and learn from you so I decide to do it. Then I get people warning me not to. They say, "Greg just shoot. Don't get sucked into their testing world or they will eat you alive." Let them do the tests. All good. You just shoot and tell us what you see and what your experiences are. We can weigh it all on our own. Testing and shooting. All good.

Let me get this straight. You have people who are watching this thread, not participating, and sending you messages about what they think you should do?

Jim

Yep.  But it's no big deal.  There are a lot of people who know the tables are wrong, but nobody really cares about it because very few people (if any) who actually use DOF tables to try to figure out what aperture to shoot.

And no one is talking bad about you behind your back Jim.  Everybody luvs ya.

Don't worry about it.  I'm not going to argue or fuss about these fine points of GFX DOF anymore.  I'm an experienced GFX shooter (didn't say the results are good - just said I've shot it a lot).  Anyway, I know what DOF I need and usually how to get it.

Now that's not to say I don't miss shots.  I miss shots.  And sometimes I make mistakes on the aperture or miss a focus point I should have picked.  Or maybe I get some camera shake because I was pushing the aperture too small and didn't bump up ISO.

I still think we should make some GFX DOF tables.  Actually Fuji should.  But then we would argue about what distance the pixels stop being in sharp focus.  I might say 3 feet and some one else might say 5.  Plus, its hard to know the distances when you are peeking your own shots on your own nice monitor.

Funny though - one stop isn't much really and should noit make a big difference in DOF.  So one stop difference between GFX and high res FF should not be so glaring to me.

It seems like so much more.  Kinda jumps out at you.  Maybe my eyeballs need calibrating.  Or brain maybe.

-- hide signature --
 Greg7579's gear list:Greg7579's gear list
Leica Q2 Fujifilm GFX 50R Fujifilm GFX 100 Fujifilm GF 32-64mm F4 Fujifilm 120mm F4 Macro +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow