PetaPixel K-3 Mark III Review

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Alex Sarbu Forum Pro • Posts: 12,759
Re: PetaPixel K-3 Mark III Review

Mark Ransom wrote:

Alex Sarbu wrote:

bob5050 wrote:

The K-3 III may be the greatest camera ever but I'll never know it.

The problem is real but can be overstated. I don't know of any brand of ILC where I could handle a high-end model locally. B&M died here completely a while back. To get in new consumers' hands you have to have a model at the big box stores, and that means a low-end model--even if it's not particularly profitable. And even that's getting very thin on the ground. More and more, cameras are on-line only items even with them.

Just hours ago I was in a Pentax store. A real one, with Pentax cameras and lenses on the shelves. I could've bought a K-3iii (I think they had the Premium Kit in stock), maybe another K-1, or the D FA* 85mm...

I bought new Sigma microfiber clothes for my glasses. I buy these because they're big, I mean 30x30cm big. Once you try them, there's no turning back to the usual itsy bitsy stuff.

Unfortunately, having B&M stores at reach becomes more and more an exception

Alex

Alex, I don't believe you and I live in the same country.

Or continent

So my statement of not being able to buy Pentax off the shelf within 1000 miles of my home still stands.

Of course it does. Please read the last part of my previous post... I consider my case an exception.

You are very lucky though. I hope Pentax is doing well there.

Unfortunately it doesn't do so well - no brand does. A large (largest in the Southern Europe, apparently) multi-brand camera store had to downsize because of the market.

They did sell a few K-3iiis, though. Not to me - I'm waiting for the D FA 21mm.

Alex

-- hide signature --

"When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say." - George R.R. Martin, A Clash of Kings

Alex Sarbu's gear list:Alex Sarbu's gear list
Ricoh GR III Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax K-1 II Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax smc DA 70mm F2.4 AL Limited +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow