The end of the compact camera

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Richard B99 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,314
Re: The end of the compact camera

Slimpie1972 wrote:

I have a question for all of you.

Is the compact camera dead or do we think there is a future for this kind of camera?

I haven't seen any compact camera released in the past year and longer. What is your opinion.

I would like to see the camera industrie make a compact camera that outperforms the performance of a smartphone, but with the inteligence of the smartphone. A compact camera has more room for better optics and a larger sensor so it should not be difficult to produce a compact camera that outperforms a smartphone if we put the intelegence of a smartphone in the camera.

The question that remains is: what do we think is "compact"?

I would say something like a sony rx100 would be compact.

I still think the ergonomics of smartphones suck when it comes to photography. To the extent that I really want a slim, neat grip with controls. Consequently, I’m backing this on Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fjorden/fjorden-iphone-photography-reinvented/comments

No affiliation with them other than as an optimistic backer but really hope this one comes off so I can use my iPhone 12 Pro more.  Otherwise it’s a very useful P&S and video camera that I’m happy to have me to supplement my other bodies.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow